Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Making a List and Checking it Twice

Yes that's right, I'm a list maker! And when I sit down to make a list it really gets me motivated. There is nothing like making a line through a completed task! Sick, I know. But seriously, I really thrive on my lists. Unfortunately, my list making has slowed down as of late and the tasks keep piling up. You know how it is, so much to do before a trip and you just know something isn't getting done. THAT'S when IT happens! Here are my recent "IT's":


1. The air conditioner goes out
2. The toilet handle breaks
3. The dishwasher is leaking
4. The dog needs a shot so she can get groomed (shaved) before heat exhaustion sets in
5. The church bulletin needs to be finished & printed 3 days early before I leave town
6. The garden is OUT OF CONTROL from the recent thundering rain showers (praise!)
7. Finish painting the bedroom before the hubby gets back in town
8. Find a route to Missouri through all the flooded roads
9. Four dogs need a bath


These are not typical items on my list mind you, but here they are just the same. Did I mention that I am supposed to leave for Missouri tomorrow by 11am (an 8 hour drive) and NONE of these items have been marked off my mental list? And what am I doing now? Writing on this blog!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I'm so with you on the lists! In fact, I so love to see things marked off, if I haven't actually written a list for the day and said day is almost over, I might just make a list of things I've done and cross those things out...you know, just to have that feeling of accomplisment! (I'm a little neurotic, in case you didn't already know that about me!)

~K said...

Hee-hee! That's why we get along so well! We both have these very healthy "tendencies" that others may see as over the top, but really we are the sane ones! :)